Why you need to use video in ads
Video is a great tool to capture the attention of potential customers or clients. You can tell a story about your business in only a few seconds. If a picture paints a thousand words, a video shows 10,000 words.
Videos are an inexpensive way to capture an interested audience using Facebook ads. You can capture those who watch the video, to follow up with a retargeting ad later. This greatly improves the engagement and conversion rate.
What to do beforehand:
- Create you video
- Write out the subtitles before
- Choose a thumbnail image to use when the video is not playing
Suggested specifications for video on Facebook:
- Format: .mov, .mp4 or .gif
- Resolution: at least 720p
- File size: 2.3 GB max.
- Recommended aspect ratio: widescreen (16:9)
- Facebook: 60 minutes max – but the shorter the better. Less than a minute for a cold audience is preferable. Over a minute for a warmer audience who knows you is good practice.
- In-stream: 5-15 seconds
- Instagram feed: 60 seconds max
How to add it to Facebook
- In Ads Manager, choose ‘Video Views’ under the Consideration marketing objective.
- Select your audience, placements and budgets as you do for other ad types.
- Upload your video.
- Add your subtitles and adjust the timing of when they appear.
- Select your thumbnail.
- Decide if you want any written copy as part of the video ad.
- Press Confirm, you are ready to go!
Next steps: create a custom audience to capture those people who view the video for more than 10 seconds, or even 50% of the video. You can use this audience to retarget these people later.
Need help with getting the most out Facebook ads right now? Contact Danielle on 760-440-5494 or email@example.com
Tip of the Week: Use video in Facebook ads to inexpensively reach your audience and capture a more targeted audience.